During the past 25 years ICEL has been connected with many different small projects in different countries. We feel it as a privilege to be able to help in a small way financially and it keeps us alert to realize that for many life is not easy. In most cases our attention is drawn to a project simply because some in ICEL has a direct link with the people involved.
Here are some projects that we are actually helping with some financial support. We only mention these here without further details.
If you feel you want to be personally involved we are able to connect you with the various friends who are engaged in these projects.
- Pokhara: Developing a poultry farm and supporting the local missionary outreach among women.
- Kathmandu: Supporting a local pastor to help him to carry out his ministry.
- Teaching poor children to read and write
- Teaching English to underprivileged students
- Romania: Supporting a Belgian sports teacher who works with Roma children. (www.myungsoo.ro)
- Help a family to survive and send their (foster) children to school.
- Bible translation into a local language